“What could be sweeter to us than this voice of the Lord inviting us?
Behold in His loving kindness the Lord shows unto us the way of life.”
– Rule of St. Benedict, Prologue
Discerning a Monastic Vocation
Is the Lord calling you to dedicate your life to him in this monastic community? For direction in this discernment, consider some of the following requirements for entry into the community:
- baptised Catholic regularly coming to Mass, to the sacrament of reconciliation, and dedicated to personal prayer
- desire to dedicate your life wholly to God, leaving behind family, career and possessions
- willing to submit to direction from authority
- a desire to live in community
- self-sacrificing and attentive to the needs of those around you.
- A love for the praise of God
- Openness to manual labour